KD Europe Tour 2022—“Love Everyone”
Revival Retreat at Zen Rocks
In the light & memory of Maharaji
Description of the Retreat
KD’s guru, Neem Karoli Baba, was affectionally called Maharaj-ji by his students. After meeting him, and being steeped in his presence, KD recounted: “My path is to live fully in the world, the best way possible. Maharaj-ji told us: Love Everyone. Serve Everyone. Remember God. He never told us to go live in the jungle.”
Last time KD was at Zen Rocks for a retreat in 2019, it was on Gurupurnima, the day when the spirit of spiritual teachers is celebrated. It was an experience so powerful that all present were deeply and indelibly touched. In 2022, we meet again to let our hearts be opened by the highest vibration of KD’s kirtan, divinely inspired music and song. This time Krishna Das is accompanied and joined by world renowned tabla player and composer Ty Burhoe, whose work is also dedicated and inspired by the spiritual nature of sound.
During the retreat we will have the opportunity to join a “workshop on rhythm & tabla” with Ty, open to guests of all levels who are interested in a hands on experience on how sounds & rhythm natural reverberate with the heart and from the heart. Daily we will wake up early and meditate, walk, and practice yoga with Vivi in an easy, embodied way that flows from the heart with the breath, and enlivens the body through conscious joyful movement.
May the Light of the Guru, in this Revival Retreat & Concert manifest as the deepest wave of joy from heart and body out into the world.
More information About the Program
Join Krishna Das at a heavenly, intimate retreat center, Zen Rocks in Mani, for four days of heart opening music, kirtan (call-and-response chanting), and philosophy/meditation workshops. Together we will experience the uplifting, heart-opening spiritual power of chanting. We will share intimate discussions aimed at building a true sense of connection with the group, and with our personal spiritual practice. Krishna Das opens the circle of spiritual friendship and invites us all to express our thoughts through daily Question and Answer sessions. We will talk about the way chanting can be integrated in our everyday lives and the gifts that chanting and spiritual practice bring to our lives.
The kirtans are led by Krishna Das and his musicians, and the workshops led by KD are unstructured offering a free space for participants to create the topics of discussion. There will be Yoga asana practice sessions, and free time to enjoy the fabulous Mediterranean sea, the many interesting paths, trails, beaches and sights of the Mani peninsula, and the area around Kalamata.
KD Europe Tour 2022—“Love Everyone”
Revival Retreat at Zen Rocks
25-29 July 2022,
4 Nights, 5 Days
|Teacher’s Tuition/Registration Fees:||630€ (or $700 USD)|
|B. Zen Rocks Retreat with Accommodations & Meals :||PACKAGE TOTAL(incl. Tuition)|
|Doubles||230€/per person per night||920€||1,550€|
|Triples||190€/per person per night||760€||1,390€|
|Quadruples||190€/per person per night||760€||1,390€|
|Zen Dorm||160€/per person per night||640€||1,270€|
|Glamping||160€/per person per night||640€||1,270€|
|Your own tent at ZEN Rocks||w/ meals||440€||1070€|
|Plus Available upon request, Limited Availability|
|Single (5 minutes from Zen Rocks)||all inclusive||w/ tuition||2,900 – 3,900€|
|C. Price for attending Retreat at Zen Rocks without Accommodations||PACKAGE TOTAL(incl. Tuition)|
|Book your own accommodations, outside Zen Rocks & attend the whole Zen Rocks retreat with meals, refreshments & access to ZRM facilities.|
|Zen Rocks Retreat Fee (package for all days):||350€||980€|
|Daily Zen Rocks Retreat Fee (attend days of your choice):||140€ plus teachers’ fee for both meals, refreshments & access to ZRM facilities.|
Payment Options & FEES*
- Bank Transfer to Zen Rocks account, or Paypal net in Euro: No FEES.
- Credit Card payments by Stripe: 3% transaction fee will be added to the quoted prices.
Short Biography of the Teachers
About Krishna Das
Layering traditional kirtan with instantly accessible melodies and modern instrumentation, Krishna Das has been called yoga’s “rock star.” With a remarkably soulful voice that touches the deepest chord in even the most casual listener, Krishna Das– known to friends, family, and fans as simply “KD” –has taken the call-and-response chanting out of yoga centers and into concert halls, becoming a worldwide icon and the best-selling western chant artist of all time.
To date, KD has released 16 well received albums, including Live Ananda (released January 2012) that was nominated for a Grammy in the Best New Age album category. Layering traditional kirtan with instantly accessible melodies and modern instrumentation, Krishna Das has been called yoga’s “rock star.” With a remarkably soulful voice that touches the deepest chord in even the most casual listener, Krishna Das– known to friends, family, and fans as simply “KD” –has taken the call-and-response chanting out of yoga centers and into concert halls, becoming a worldwide icon and the best-selling western chant artist of all time. To date, KD has released 16 well received albums, including Live Ananda (released January 2012) that was nominated for a Grammy in the Best New Age album category. KD spent the late ’60’s traveling across the country as a student of Ram Dass, and in 1970, finally made the journey to India, where he met Ram Dass’ own beloved guru, Neem Karoli Baba, known to most as Maharaj-ji. Given the name Krishna Das, KD began to chant as part of following the path of Bhakti yoga, the yoga of devotion. After the passing of Maharaj-ji, he took solace in music, as well as finding peace and strength in his yoga chant practice. In 1994, KD started leading chant in public first in NYC, and then to an ever-growing audience of yoga students, and expanding to chant with people all around the world. In February 2013, Krishna Das performed at the Grammy awards in Los Angeles, which streamed online to millions of viewers. The award-winning film ‘One Track Heart: The Story of Krishna Das’ has been in over 100 US cities, over 10 countries worldwide. and is available on DVD everywhere.
KD now travels the world sharing his kirtan practice and wonderful stories of his life, of Maharaji-ji, of his life on the Path, and discusses bringing chanting into our lives through retreats and workshops. During COVID times he has chanted online every week for the worldwide satsang.
— Krishna Das
About Vivi Letsou
It is her greatest joy to share this path with others, acting as a mirror for people to discover and embody their power, beauty, and hidden talents. Through Yoga and the intimate environment of a training, Vivi loves to witness this catalytic prosses at work, where the individual and the team are mutually uplifted. Vivi with her husband Eraj have created Zen rocks with the dream of creating a welcoming space where we can all practice: “loving everyone.”
About Ty Burhoe
Ty Burhoe, Tabla Player has been a disciple of the great tabla maestro, Ustad Zakir Hussain, since 1990. From that time forward, Ty has been wholly dedicated to music as a career and as a spiritual path. Ty is known for his inspired accompaniment and uplifting presence in both classical and in fusion settings. He is internationally recognized for being instrumental in creating unique collaborations that weave tabla with other world traditions. He has become well known not only for his talents as a tabla player / composer, but also for his extensive experience as a recording engineer and live concert producer.
He has been featured on many soundtracks for film and DVD, including the academy award winning documentary, “Born into Brothels” and hundreds of album recordings. In 2004 Ty opened the Indie record label “Tala Records” which features many of his collaborations.
Ty works with a broad range of artists including Ustad Zakir Hussain, Art Lande, Krishna Das, Kala Ramnath, Curandero (Miguel Espinoza), Ustad Sultan Khan, Bela Fleck, Walter Becker (Steely Dan), Bruce Dunlap, Kai Eckhardt, Steve Gorn, Mamadou Diabate, Rick Alan (Def Leppard), Howard Levy, Kitaro, Bill Dougals, Jon Anderson (Yes) and many more. Ty has performed in prestigious halls all around the world including Carnegie Hall, Sydney Opera House and Royal Festival Hall in London. On the side, he is the tour assistant for his teacher Zakir Hussain, touring, producing and managing concerts worldwide. Ty also teaches “Sound & Spirit” workshops focused on the spiritual nature of sound, as well as tabla intensives throughout the world.
Have a question?
All our retreats aim to create a nurturing and welcoming environment for all levels of practice and all student needs. All programs offer the opportunity for a dose of daily good exercise through yoga or pilates, walks in nature and/or swimming in the sea, and both restorative and meditation practice. A weekly program offers a complete experience of well-being. Our teachers are highly experienced and skilled. If a program seems enticing to you, it is probably the one you need. Make a bold step and trust it: Go for it!
Book early, as soon as you know the retreat you are interested in, and your schedule. Click here to send us your questions or to register. Link: REGISTER
We would be happy to help arrange your transfer from Athens or Kalamata to Zen Rocks.
The retreat is located about 30 minutes south of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kalianeika, about one kilometer from us. There is airport access both from Athens Airport (3 hours from ZR) and from Kalamata Airport (30-40min from ZR).
-Flights to Athens International Airport (ATH) and transportation to Zen Rocks
All major airlines fly to Athens international airport, called Eleftherios Venizelos. Zen Rocks is about a 2.5-3 hours’ drive from Athens. We can arrange a private transport for you and/ or your group or you can rent a car to drive yourself to Zen Rocks. The ride is beautiful, and you can enjoy a direct ride along the new Athens-Kalamata highway, or you can make stops in places like the sites of Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Nemea, the city of Nafplion, and the town of Kalamata.
-Flights to/from Kalamata (KLX)
More and more there are direct and/or charter flights to the small airport of Kalamata from different European cities. Also, new 30 minutes flights have just started from Athens to Kalamata regional airport are very reasonably priced if booked well in advance.
Alternatively, you can fly to Kalamata from the northern Greek town of Thessaloniki.
-Transportation options while in Greece
The way to reach Zen Rocks is either with our luxurious Mini Van for 8 people or by renting a car from Athens or Kalamata and drive around on your own. Our office can assist you with your car rental reservation. Or you can make your booking directly. During your stay at Zen Rocks our minivan is available for hire along with an experienced driver. The rates for transfers with our minivan are in the attached document titled: ZenRocksRates.
Allow us to book your transfer from Athens or Kalamata. Simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retreat is located about 30 minutes South of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst the sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kallianeika.
1. Drive on the new freeway from Athens to Kalamata, and be prepared to stop frequently for tolls. Expect to pay around 15€ each way. It may take you 2-2.5 hours to reach Kalamata.
2. Stay on the freeway and exit Kalamata heading towards Areopolis and Kitries. After the freeway ends, you will pass Lidl, and a café called Cosi on the right, and then the road forks and you see a road sign. At this point you have the option of heading up towards the mountain towards Areopolis and Kardamyli, or taking a right towards the sea and Kitries. You can reach us either way. We are giving you directions through the coastal road here, as it may be easier to find our location this way.
3. Take a right towards Kitries and drive down the coast for about 10-15 minutes. Right as you approach Kitries, the road goes uphill. There is a big retaining wall right in front of you, causing you to almost stop. You see a road sign for Doloi.
4. Make a sharp left up the mountain towards Doloi.
5. Drive for 5 minutes until you reach the village of Kalianeika.
6. When you reach Kalianeika, stop in front of the church and set your odometer to 0.
7. Drive for one kilometer, and you will come to switch back turn where you will see a fence with big cacti and a huge rock. You are getting close.
8. Immediately afterwards, you see a second switch back turn and a couple small signs for Zen Rocks. At this point leave the asphalt road and enter a smaller cement farm road. Drive 200 meters on cement, and then another 400 meters of dirt road. At this point you will see the electrical posts and a cement road up on your left. This is our private drive way to Zen Rocks.
(Attention: our drive way is the SECOND paved road you see on your left. Do not take the first one, right where the cement ends… wait till you drive the extra 400 meters of dirt and pebble road and you come across the electrical wires and big posts… at this point you will also notice that the farm road you are on is covered with the cement of our paved drive way.)
9. Go left on our cement road. It is a sharp incline. Come up on first gear and full throttle. Small cars will do fine if you know how to drive fearlessly.
10. Welcome to Zen Rocks.
As Zen master Thich Nhat Hahn says: YOU HAVE ARRIVED!
Το Zen Rocks Mani βρίσκεται σε απόσταση περίπου 30 λεπτών Νότια από τη πόλη της Καλαμάτας, ανάμεσα σε ήσυχους ελαιώνες, τον ουρανό και τη θάλασσα! Το κοντινότερο χωριό είναι τα Καλλιανέικα.
1. Πάρτε τη νέα εθνική οδό απο την Αθήνα προς τη Καλαμάτα οπου θα χρειαστεί να σταματήσετε συχνά σε σταθμούς διοδίων. Υπολογείστε οτι το συνολικό κόστος των διοδίων θα ειναι 15€ η διαδρομή. Η απόσταση ειναι περιπου 2-2.5 ώρες απο την Αθήνα μέχρι να φτάσετε στη Καλαμάτα.
2. Μείνετε στην εθνική οδό και βγείτε στην έξοδο της Καλαμάτας με κατεύθυνσή προς Αρεόπολη και Κιτριές. Όταν τελειώσει η εθνική οδός, θα συναντήσετε ένα σούπερ μάρκετ Lidl και μια καφετέρια στα δεξιά σας που ονομάζεται Cosi. Σε εκείνο το σημείο ο δρόμος χωρίζεται και θα δείτε μια πινακίδα. Σε αυτό ακριβώς το σημείο, έχετε την επιλογή είτε να συνεχίσετε προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Αρεόπολη και Καρδαμύλη είτε να πάρετε το δρόμοι που είναι στα δεξιά σας που πάει μέσω του παραλιακού δρόμου στις Κιτριές. Όποιο δρόμο και να πάρετε μπορείτε να έρθετε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Εμείς παρακάτω σας δίνουμε οδηγίες από το παραλιακό δρόμο μιας και θεωρούμε ότι είναι ο πιο εύκολος δρόμος για να έρθετε.
3. Κάνετε δεξιά προς Κιτριές και οδηγείτε στο παραλιακό δρόμο για περίπου 10-15 λεπτά. Στο σημείο που έχετε φτάσει σχεδό στις Κιτριές, ο δρόμος έχει μια ανηφόρα. Στο σημείο αυτό υπάρχει ένας μεγάλος τοίχος μπροστά σας που σας αναγκάζει σχεδόν να σταματήσετε. Εκεί βλέπετε μια πινακίδα προς Δολούς.
4. Εκεί αριστερά προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Δολούς.
5. Οδηγείστε προς τα επάνω αυτόν τον δρόμο με τις στροφές, για 5 λεπτά μέχρι να βρείτε το χωριό Καλιανέϊκα.
6. Όταν φτάσετε στα Καλιανέϊκα, σταματήστε μπροστά από την εκκλησία και ρυθμίστε το μετρητή χιλιομέτρων σας στο 0.
7. Οδηγείστε για 1 χιλιόμετρο και θα δείτε μια στροφή φουρκέτα, η οποία σας φέρνει προς τα δεξια. Εκεί θα δείτε ένα φράχτη με μεγάλους κάκτους και ένα τεράστιο βράχο. Πλησιάζετε!
8. Αμέσως μετά βλέπετε μια ακόμα στροφή φουρκέτα που στρίβει τον δρόμο προς τα αριστερά. Θα δείτε δύο μικρές πινακίδες για το Zen Rocks. Σε αυτό το σημείο αφήνετε το ασφαλτοστρωμένο δρόμο και μπαίνετε προς τα δεξιά σε έναν μικρό αγροτικό δρόμο από τσιμέντο.
Οδηγείστε για 200 μέτρα στο τσιμεντένιο επαρχιακό δρόμο και άλλα 400 μέτρα σε χωματόδρομο. Ακολουθήστε τις πινακίδες για να μην μπείτε στον ελαιώνα που είναι πριν από εμάς. Περιμένετε να δείτε το σημείο με την πινακίδα του Zen Rocks να δείχνει τον ανηφορικό ιδιωτικό τσιμεντένιο δρόμο στα αριστερά σας. Είναι που θα σας φέρει στο κατάλυμα.
Σε αυτό το σημείο και μόνο θα δείτε και τους στύλους της ΔΕΗ να ανεβαίνουν προς τα πάνω.
9. Κάντε αριστερά σε αυτόν τον τσιμεντένιο δρόμο. Έχει έντονη ανηφορική κλίση, οπότε βάλτε πρώτη ταχύτητα για να ανεβείτε. Ακόμα και μικρά αυτοκίνητα ανεβαίνουν άνετα. Είναι λίγο σα να ανεβαίνετε ίσια πάνω στον ουρανό, στα σύννεφα… Απογειώνεστε λοιπόν.
10. 5 Δευτερόπτα μετά: Καλώς ορίσατε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Χαλαρώστε και απολαύστε τη διαμονή σας!
Όπως λέει και ο δάσκαλος του Ζεν Thich Nhat Hahn: You have arrived! Pause. Enjoy!
Let us know about your needs and preferences and we can pre-arrange the perfect nurturing massage or related therapy session for you.