Become a BASI Pilates Teacher
Join our family of successful BASI Pilates teachers around the world.
BASI Pilates has been a leader in Top PILATES EDUCATION
More than 30 years.
Give yourself a perfect gift:
a Restorative retreat in heaven…
an excellent BASI Pilates Teacher Training Program…
Embark on a brand new life path of growth through learning and teaching
BASI Pilates with confidence and success worldwide through the BASI Pilates network!
Description of the Retreat
In this retreat you will:
Learn to teach up to advanced-level clients on the full suite of Pilates equipment.
The BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program gives students in-depth knowledge of Pilates theory, exercises, and skills to teach advanced-level clients on the Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Ladder Barrel, F2 Spine Corrector, F2 Arm Chair, Ped-a-Pul, Mat, and other auxiliary apparatus.
Graduates of the Comprehensive Program are well equipped for a successful, enduring career in the Pilates industry and are qualified to take the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) exam to become a Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher (NCPT).
BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program (500hr) at Zen Rocks Retreat
A program of BASI Pilates Greece & NYSY Academy
The BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program consists of 12 modules.
Upon completion of all 12 modules, students are eligible to pursue a Comprehensive Pilates teaching certificate.
Primary concepts covered include the 10 movement principles of the Pilates method, an overview of the pelvic region, Pilates breathing, a historical overview of Pilates, the BASI approach, and the importance of safety when teaching Pilates. In addition, the repertoire includes fundamental Mat and Reformer exercises.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered include an anatomy and terminology overview: major bones, muscles, joints, bony landmarks, and center of gravity. In addition, the importance and practice of cueing are discussed. Repertoire covers fundamental Reformer, intermediate Mat, Pole, and Ped-a-Pul.
Includes a one-hour Mat class
Primary concepts covered include the BASI system of movement analysis, exercise physiology, and aerobic/anaerobic exercise. The BASI format of teaching is discussed and the BASI Pilates® Block System, created by Rael Isacowitz, is introduced. Repertoire taught is intermediate Mat, Reformer and exercises with Leg Weights.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
The primary concepts covered are the principles of alignment and posture assessment. Discussion includes exercise as a tool for assessment. Repertoire taught includes intermediate through advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, and fundamental Cadillac.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered are core strength and the relationship of the various muscle groups that make up the core, focusing on the abdominals and the back extensors. Contraindications, effective exercises, and the importance of understanding your client’s needs and body type are discussed. Also addressed are the role of the teacher and the importance of flow in a session. Repertoire taught includes advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, and Arm Chair.
Primary concepts include an in-depth look into exercise adaptation and the use of assists and modifications. The lecture focuses on how to construct a complete and comprehensive program. Repertoire taught is advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, fundamental Wunda Chair, and Magic Circle. A general review of the repertoire is conducted and the online Written Examination is available at the end of the program.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered include the meaning of balance and the implications of imbalances in strength and flexibility. Lecture focuses on functional exercises, movement patterns, neuromuscular re-education, and muscle testing. Repertoire taught includes intermediate and advanced Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered include the hip joint, the knee joint, and the ankle-foot complex. The gait cycle is discussed and analyzed. Repertoire taught is intermediate Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered are the structure and function of the shoulder region, the shoulder joint, muscles of the shoulder, and the importance of correct shoulder mechanics. The lecture includes how to work with clients with shoulder problems and recognizing the scope of practice. Repertoire taught is intermediate Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, and an introduction to the Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector.
Primary concepts covered include the principles of training, such as overload, specificity, and reversibility. Components of physical fitness are addressed and analyzed. The lecture includes repertoire levels and how they relate to working with a broad range of clientele. Repertoire taught is advanced Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered are habitual movement patterns, cross-training, imbalances, and setting goals. The athletic population is looked at closely. The lecture focuses on teaching methodologies. Repertoire taught includes intermediate- and advanced-level work on both Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector.
Primary concepts covered are based on populations with restrictions and an in-depth look at pregnancy guidelines. The lecture includes teaching men and women different body types, as well as objectives and approaches. A general review of the repertoire is conducted, and the Final Written Exam is available to students online after completion of the Graduate Program.
To receive a BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program Certificate, students must complete the following graduation requirements. You will be able to find a BASI Pilates studio in your country to complete your practice and observation hours. And to arrange to take your exams with our host studio in Athens, or in a BASI Pilates studio near you.
- Attend all Modules
- Pass all online written exams
- Complete a minimum of 100 Observation hours
- Complete a minimum of 200 Self-Practice hours
- Complete a minimum of 200 Student Teaching hours
- Pass the final practical exam
- Pass final teaching evaluation
- Submit and receive a passing grade on student term paper
October 14 – 26, 2022: FULL BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program
October 14 – 17, 2022: Mat only
October 18 – 26, 2022: Equipment only
Short Biography of the Teachers
Sondra will be teaching the Equipment Section
Sondra Trnovec Karman, BASI Pilates Senior Faculty, comes to Pilates with an extensive background in movement and physicality. A professional classical ballet dancer for over 30 years, Sondra strived to maintain strength for performing with maintenance for a lifetime of physical health. Sondra began her Pilates training, and then teaching, in the Classical method of Pilates, first in New York and then in Europe. Returning to America, and trying to stay current with medical findings and advances, she found her way to BASI PIlates and the Contemporary method of Pilates; taking Joseph Pilates foundation of exercises and complementing them with up-to-date scientific knowledge. Sondra’s background in Dance Medicine Therapy has helped her to utilize Pilates to work with a varied clientele: professional dancers and athletes, those with arthritis, hip and knee replacement patients, as well as those desiring to be more fit and maintain better health and posture.
Alexandra will be teaching the Mat Section
Alexandra Rossopoulos, founder and owner of BPA Thessaloniki holds a degree on modern languages from the university of Lincolnshire Humberside, UK and a dancer and teacher diploma from the Greek Ministry of Culture. She teaches yoga, pilates and dance from a young age and has collaborated as a dancer and teacher with many dance companies and studios in Greece and UK. She met Rael Isacowitz in 2009 and thanks to him she fell in love with the BASI Pilates method. Since 2011 she cooperates with BASI Pilates Greece ( nysystudios.gr) and proudly hosts BASI Pilates Teacher Trainings at her studio while attending many workshops and trainings around Europe and at the BASI HQ . She attended the 1st group of Honors program and is a graduate of the Legacy program . Being the creator of the Breast Cancer Rehabilitation workshop, she is very honored to teach it under the BASI umbrella since 2018, and proud to be a faculty member since 2019.
BASI Pilates Program
Full Comprehensive Course 14-26 Oct: 3,550€
Mat Only, 14-17 Oct: 1,280€
Equipment Only 18-26: 2,550€
Have a question?
All our retreats aim to create a nurturing and welcoming environment for all levels of practice and all student needs. All programs offer the opportunity for a dose of daily good exercise through yoga or pilates, walks in nature and/or swimming in the sea, and both restorative and meditation practice. A weekly program offers a complete experience of well-being. Our teachers are highly experienced and skilled. If a program seems enticing to you, it is probably the one you need. Make a bold step and trust it: Go for it!
Book early, as soon as you know the retreat you are interested in, and your schedule. Click here to send us your questions or to register. Link: REGISTER
We would be happy to help arrange your transfer from Athens or Kalamata to Zen Rocks.
The retreat is located about 30 minutes south of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kalianeika, about one kilometer from us. There is airport access both from Athens Airport (3 hours from ZR) and from Kalamata Airport (30-40min from ZR).
-Flights to Athens International Airport (ATH) and transportation to Zen Rocks
All major airlines fly to Athens international airport, called Eleftherios Venizelos. Zen Rocks is about a 2.5-3 hours’ drive from Athens. We can arrange a private transport for you and/ or your group or you can rent a car to drive yourself to Zen Rocks. The ride is beautiful, and you can enjoy a direct ride along the new Athens-Kalamata highway, or you can make stops in places like the sites of Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Nemea, the city of Nafplion, and the town of Kalamata.
-Flights to/from Kalamata (KLX)
More and more there are direct and/or charter flights to the small airport of Kalamata from different European cities. Also, new 30 minutes flights have just started from Athens to Kalamata regional airport are very reasonably priced if booked well in advance.
Alternatively, you can fly to Kalamata from the northern Greek town of Thessaloniki.
-Transportation options while in Greece
The way to reach Zen Rocks is either with our luxurious Mini Van for 8 people or by renting a car from Athens or Kalamata and drive around on your own. Our office can assist you with your car rental reservation. Or you can make your booking directly. During your stay at Zen Rocks our minivan is available for hire along with an experienced driver. The rates for transfers with our minivan are in the attached document titled: ZenRocksRates.
Allow us to book your transfer from Athens or Kalamata. Simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retreat is located about 30 minutes South of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst the sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kallianeika.
1. Drive on the new freeway from Athens to Kalamata, and be prepared to stop frequently for tolls. Expect to pay around 15€ each way. It may take you 2-2.5 hours to reach Kalamata.
2. Stay on the freeway and exit Kalamata heading towards Areopolis and Kitries. After the freeway ends, you will pass Lidl, and a café called Cosi on the right, and then the road forks and you see a road sign. At this point you have the option of heading up towards the mountain towards Areopolis and Kardamyli, or taking a right towards the sea and Kitries. You can reach us either way. We are giving you directions through the coastal road here, as it may be easier to find our location this way.
3. Take a right towards Kitries and drive down the coast for about 10-15 minutes. Right as you approach Kitries, the road goes uphill. There is a big retaining wall right in front of you, causing you to almost stop. You see a road sign for Doloi.
4. Make a sharp left up the mountain towards Doloi.
5. Drive for 5 minutes until you reach the village of Kalianeika.
6. When you reach Kalianeika, stop in front of the church and set your odometer to 0.
7. Drive for one kilometer, and you will come to switch back turn where you will see a fence with big cacti and a huge rock. You are getting close.
8. Immediately afterwards, you see a second switch back turn and a couple small signs for Zen Rocks. At this point leave the asphalt road and enter a smaller cement farm road. Drive 200 meters on cement, and then another 400 meters of dirt road. At this point you will see the electrical posts and a cement road up on your left. This is our private drive way to Zen Rocks.
(Attention: our drive way is the SECOND paved road you see on your left. Do not take the first one, right where the cement ends… wait till you drive the extra 400 meters of dirt and pebble road and you come across the electrical wires and big posts… at this point you will also notice that the farm road you are on is covered with the cement of our paved drive way.)
9. Go left on our cement road. It is a sharp incline. Come up on first gear and full throttle. Small cars will do fine if you know how to drive fearlessly.
10. Welcome to Zen Rocks.
As Zen master Thich Nhat Hahn says: YOU HAVE ARRIVED!
Το Zen Rocks Mani βρίσκεται σε απόσταση περίπου 30 λεπτών Νότια από τη πόλη της Καλαμάτας, ανάμεσα σε ήσυχους ελαιώνες, τον ουρανό και τη θάλασσα! Το κοντινότερο χωριό είναι τα Καλλιανέικα.
1. Πάρτε τη νέα εθνική οδό απο την Αθήνα προς τη Καλαμάτα οπου θα χρειαστεί να σταματήσετε συχνά σε σταθμούς διοδίων. Υπολογείστε οτι το συνολικό κόστος των διοδίων θα ειναι 15€ η διαδρομή. Η απόσταση ειναι περιπου 2-2.5 ώρες απο την Αθήνα μέχρι να φτάσετε στη Καλαμάτα.
2. Μείνετε στην εθνική οδό και βγείτε στην έξοδο της Καλαμάτας με κατεύθυνσή προς Αρεόπολη και Κιτριές. Όταν τελειώσει η εθνική οδός, θα συναντήσετε ένα σούπερ μάρκετ Lidl και μια καφετέρια στα δεξιά σας που ονομάζεται Cosi. Σε εκείνο το σημείο ο δρόμος χωρίζεται και θα δείτε μια πινακίδα. Σε αυτό ακριβώς το σημείο, έχετε την επιλογή είτε να συνεχίσετε προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Αρεόπολη και Καρδαμύλη είτε να πάρετε το δρόμοι που είναι στα δεξιά σας που πάει μέσω του παραλιακού δρόμου στις Κιτριές. Όποιο δρόμο και να πάρετε μπορείτε να έρθετε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Εμείς παρακάτω σας δίνουμε οδηγίες από το παραλιακό δρόμο μιας και θεωρούμε ότι είναι ο πιο εύκολος δρόμος για να έρθετε.
3. Κάνετε δεξιά προς Κιτριές και οδηγείτε στο παραλιακό δρόμο για περίπου 10-15 λεπτά. Στο σημείο που έχετε φτάσει σχεδό στις Κιτριές, ο δρόμος έχει μια ανηφόρα. Στο σημείο αυτό υπάρχει ένας μεγάλος τοίχος μπροστά σας που σας αναγκάζει σχεδόν να σταματήσετε. Εκεί βλέπετε μια πινακίδα προς Δολούς.
4. Εκεί αριστερά προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Δολούς.
5. Οδηγείστε προς τα επάνω αυτόν τον δρόμο με τις στροφές, για 5 λεπτά μέχρι να βρείτε το χωριό Καλιανέϊκα.
6. Όταν φτάσετε στα Καλιανέϊκα, σταματήστε μπροστά από την εκκλησία και ρυθμίστε το μετρητή χιλιομέτρων σας στο 0.
7. Οδηγείστε για 1 χιλιόμετρο και θα δείτε μια στροφή φουρκέτα, η οποία σας φέρνει προς τα δεξια. Εκεί θα δείτε ένα φράχτη με μεγάλους κάκτους και ένα τεράστιο βράχο. Πλησιάζετε!
8. Αμέσως μετά βλέπετε μια ακόμα στροφή φουρκέτα που στρίβει τον δρόμο προς τα αριστερά. Θα δείτε δύο μικρές πινακίδες για το Zen Rocks. Σε αυτό το σημείο αφήνετε το ασφαλτοστρωμένο δρόμο και μπαίνετε προς τα δεξιά σε έναν μικρό αγροτικό δρόμο από τσιμέντο.
Οδηγείστε για 200 μέτρα στο τσιμεντένιο επαρχιακό δρόμο και άλλα 400 μέτρα σε χωματόδρομο. Ακολουθήστε τις πινακίδες για να μην μπείτε στον ελαιώνα που είναι πριν από εμάς. Περιμένετε να δείτε το σημείο με την πινακίδα του Zen Rocks να δείχνει τον ανηφορικό ιδιωτικό τσιμεντένιο δρόμο στα αριστερά σας. Είναι που θα σας φέρει στο κατάλυμα.
Σε αυτό το σημείο και μόνο θα δείτε και τους στύλους της ΔΕΗ να ανεβαίνουν προς τα πάνω.
9. Κάντε αριστερά σε αυτόν τον τσιμεντένιο δρόμο. Έχει έντονη ανηφορική κλίση, οπότε βάλτε πρώτη ταχύτητα για να ανεβείτε. Ακόμα και μικρά αυτοκίνητα ανεβαίνουν άνετα. Είναι λίγο σα να ανεβαίνετε ίσια πάνω στον ουρανό, στα σύννεφα… Απογειώνεστε λοιπόν.
10. 5 Δευτερόπτα μετά: Καλώς ορίσατε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Χαλαρώστε και απολαύστε τη διαμονή σας!
Όπως λέει και ο δάσκαλος του Ζεν Thich Nhat Hahn: You have arrived! Pause. Enjoy!
Let us know about your needs and preferences and we can pre-arrange the perfect nurturing massage or related therapy session for you.